Role Purpose & Context
The role of a Banckend developer with our client is to analyse, design, implement, maintain and support systems development applications to requirements. You will be part of an exciting new team that are building the platform for our future. Upgrading our systems to be based on Open Source technologies that are proven in the industry and that will support our Big data requirements
Development and Improvement of System
- Writing effective, scalable code
- Developing back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Integrating user-facing elements into applications
- Design and develop bespoke database components for new and existing systems and associated sub-components.
- Develop software interfaces and specifications that clearly define interoperability with software delivered by other delivery teams.
- Build and keep an up-to-date knowledge base of software systems including technical and end-user documentation.
- Design and create unit test cases and make your code work seamlessly in a continuous integration environment
- Develop iteratively and test early on the release cycle; report on task progress regularly; promptly raise risks and arrange for mitigation
Report to Leadership & Support Users
- Provide thought leadership and dependable delivery skills in a fast-moving environment focused on rapid iteration and regular product updates.
- Help shape the direction of both our internal and external customer-facing products.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements and inform process to deliver functional specifications and estimates on required work to customers.
- Work with the business users and business analysts to produce detailed technical designs for required systems development.
- Comply with change control, source control and configuration management tools and practices.
- Follow and promote software development best practices and maintain the highest quality of delivered software.
- Work experience as a Python Developer
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, FastAPI or Pyramid)
- Team spirit
- Good problem-solving skills
- Familiar with: Microservice architecture, RESTful API’s, Hadoop, SQL, Docker, Kubernetes and Apache NiFi
- Highly motivated team player required to work within a small team environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to write technical software design specifications and communicate to other members of staff with technical problems when required
- Proactive in suggesting software enhancements:
- Proven history of following good design principles, including scalability and robousntess
- Thorough and accurate documentation and commentary of all software changes to assist in future maintenance and for auditing purposes
- Experienced in application life cycle practices
- Attention to detail, precise and persistent