Primary (Must have) skills: AWS RDS, Oracle DBA, AWS, Linux, Shell Scripting
Secondary Skills: MySQL DBA, PostgreSQL DBA
- Experience in supporting Production and non-Production Oracle RDS databases including instance creation, installation, configuration, system administration, troubleshooting, log collection, etc. Use the Amazon Web Services Console to administer and support databases on AWS.
- Configuration and management of RDS instances. Performing DB Administration activities, Oracle User management activities.
- Responsible for database monitoring, troubleshooting and performance tuning. Create and manage multiple databases including Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Monitor, maintain database systems and troubleshoot problems that may arise. Measure database performance and troubleshoot complex database issues, I/O bottlenecks, SQL Tuning.
- Carry out proactive and preventative maintenance including backups, refreshes, stats gathering, indexes, patching, version updates/upgrades, data fixes, tuning, etc. Open, manage and resolve Service Requests with both Oracle Support and AWS Support. Execute critical events and SLA management.
- Experience as On-Call 24×7 production DBA support, application/development DBA.
- Monitor system performance metrics to identify potential risks/issues.
- Responsible for RCA/Problem management. Provide root cause analysis and recommendations. Work with the infrastructure team, application team and/or other teams for problem resolution following the escalation path if needed.
- Disaster Recovery, database backup and restore using Snapshots and AWS automated backups.
- Unix/Linux general administration skills with shell scripting.