- Build and implement operational processes for various product lines
- Analyse data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends
- Devise long-term development strategies for product categories
- Develop exit strategies for unsuccessful products
- Place appropriate orders to ensure product availability that meets consumer demands
- Project planning for setting up new operations and expanding existing operations Understand customer expectations. Design and drive operations to align with customer expectations Periodic reporting and reviews with customers on performance metrics
- Identifying process improvement and automation opportunities
- Coach, nurture, mentor the team
- Liaise with marketing teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product category
- Assume responsibility of budget development and revenue for category
- Working with a technology team to build and implement comprehensive solutions Create and own operations budget.
- Focus on continuous service improvement and cost reduction Create an engagement mechanism with business partners for a long-term relationship Ensure periodic reconciliation of transactions with customers and business partners
What we look for in all candidates
- Candidate should be comfortable to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment.
- Candidate should be able to find the root cause of the problems and solve them.
- Candidate should be comfortable in dealing with numbers, Candidate should seek and analyse the relevant data and then solve problems, make recommendations backed by data.
- Candidate should understand that the customer comes first. Be it internal or external. Should be ready to go the extra mile whenever required to make sure that customer needs are met.
- Candidate should be continuously looking for improvements possible in the products and processes. S/he should be able to simplify the processes.
- Candidate should be able to think long term solutions and not short term fixes.
- Candidate should be able mentor and coach team members so that they can contribute to the organisation effectively.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines
Requirements and skills
- 4+ years proven experience as category manager or similar role
- Solid knowledge of category management, marketing and sales principles
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in MS Office
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Excellent communication and people skills
Experience : 3 – 6 Years
Package : 7 LPA
Openings : 2
Qualifications : BE / MBA