We are seeking a skilled and versatile Embedded Testing Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in both automation and manual testing of embedded systems, contributing to the quality assurance process of our products. You will play a crucial role in ensuring the reliability, functionality, and performance of our embedded solutions.
– Design, develop, and execute comprehensive test plans, test cases, and test scripts for embedded systems, covering both automation and manual testing.
– Conduct functional, regression, integration, and performance testing on embedded software and hardware components.
– Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including developers, hardware engineers, and quality assurance members, to identify, report, and resolve defects.
– Analyse product requirements and specifications to create effective testing strategies, ensuring comprehensive coverage.
– Utilize automation testing frameworks and tools to streamline testing processes and improve efficiency.
– Develop, maintain, and execute manual test cases, and perform exploratory testing as needed to uncover potential issues.
– Use debugging tools and techniques to diagnose and isolate defects in embedded systems.
– Create and maintain clear and organized test documentation, including test plans, test procedures, and test reports.
– Continuously stay updated with industry best practices, trends, and emerging technologies related to embedded testing.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
– Proven experience in both automation and manual testing of embedded systems.
– Proficiency in programming languages commonly used in embedded development (e.g., C, C++, Python).
– Experience with automation testing frameworks, tools, and scripting languages (e.g., Selenium, Robot Framework, Python).
– Strong understanding of software development lifecycles and testing methodologies.
– Familiarity with industry standards and protocols relevant to embedded systems (e.g., UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, Ethernet).
– Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
– Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, agile environment.
– Effective communication skills to articulate testing results and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
– Experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) processes in an embedded environment.
– Familiarity with real-time operating systems (RTOS) and device driver testing.
– Previous exposure to hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) and software-in-the-loop (SIL) testing methodologies.
– Knowledge of test automation for safety-critical embedded systems.
– Certifications in software testing (e.g., ISTQB) or relevant fields.